March 10, 2009
Finch Hatton's, Tsavo West, Kenya
View from our hut at Finch Hatton's safari camp. Most amazing place on earth, with crocodiles and a resident hippo herd. You can see the shallow and deep areas of the waterhole from our tent, how the sun filters through, and the wind ripples. Fond memories of this place.
February 8, 2009
Big Winter Moon
We had a huge winter moon tonight. Tomorrow is the full moon. It's so bright you can snowshoe or cross-country ski through the woods without a flashlight, as the snow reflects off the moonlight.
December 13, 2008
We had a big ice storm this week in New Hampshire. Many people will be out of power for another week. We got lucky.
November 25, 2008
First Snow - Winter 2008/2009
First real snow!
November 10, 2008
Death Valley Wildflower Extravaganza
I finally posted some of my shots from an amazing wildflower season in Death Valley National Park. You can see more pictures from this trip on my FLICKR set: Death Valley Wildflowers
September 23, 2008
Fall Foliage In The Pacific Northwest
August 17, 2008
Roadtrip Report: Herd of Endangered Bighorn Sheep
I'm just back from a roadtrip up the Pacific Coast, through California, Oregon, Washington and across the Trans-Canadian highway!
Along the way, we got to see some amazing wildlife which I plan to tell you about soon. Some of the highlights included:
- A Raft of Sea Otters in Monterey Bay, California
- A Colony of Harbor Seals in Shelter Cove, California
- Lots of roadside Ravens in the Canadian Rockies in British Columbia, Canada
- Three herds of Bighorn Sheep and some elk in Jasper National Park in Alberta, Canada
- A lonely Bison in Elk Island National Park in Alberta, Canada
- Prairie Dogs and huge amounts of ducks in Saskatchewan, Canada
- Two white-tailed deer fawns in Riding Mountain National Park in Manitoba, Canada
- Pair of courting Sandhill Cranes along the Great Lakes in Ontario, Canada
- Canadian Geese in Quebec, Canada
- A Woodchuck & a White-tailed Deer fawn in Northern Vermont
- A Black Bear in Crawford Notch, New Hampshire
I am getting settled in and hope to write about my Canadian roadtrip in the coming weeks.
August 31, 2006
White Mountains, New Hampshire
December 6, 2004
March 15, 2004
Rabbits, Rabbits Everywhere!
Guess How Much I Love You?
Guess How Much I Love You? II
Oh My God! This Book Is So Sad!
Null Ponders Watership Down
Baby Heap Gets Weighed
Null Reads Watership Down
Stack REALLY Likes Her Cage
Null Looks Over The Ballot Measures
Null As A Baby